Hello, loves! Hope everyone’s week is breezing by! If you’re on your New Year’s Resolution tip, we know that you’ve probably been working hard on working out, eating healthy, and trying to become an all-around better YOU! XD
Well, if you are having a bit of difficulty with that here’s a quick post that may help ya out! You know we’ve got your back! This power green house has so much green in it that not only do you do a detox every time you have it, but it also gives you energy to start your day off right!
There’s tons of tips and tricks to making this famous green juice and truthfully, to make it your own is really up to you. However, here is a base to start you off. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 Medium sized fresh nopal pad (needles removed)
- 1/4 Pineapple
- 2 Celery sticks
- 1 Handful of fresh parsley
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Large kale leaf
- 1/2 Apple
Like I said, you can totally play with these ingredients and their proportions, as well as the amount of water you add. These proportions will make 1 huge serving or 2 small ones, depending on how you see it. I usually drink 1 small cup in the morning and save the second serving for lunch! :)
Here’s how you can blend up this tasty (and healthy) treat!
- Make sure that your pad of nopal has no needles. If it does, very carefully remove them with a knife. Then, cut it up into small pieces.
- Make sure the pineapple is also free from its skin. Cut it into small cubes.
- Toss all the ingredients into the blender with your desired amount of water (the less water, the thicker the juice) and blend!
- The mixture will turn out grainy or pulpy. This is actually better, since you can feel all the attributes of the fruits. For more of a smoothie texture, freeze each ingredient over night and blend in the morning.
- Pour into a fancy clear glass (to admire that awesome green color, duh!) and ENJOY!
Let us know how you feel about this ingredient. Tell us how you made it your own!